History of Innovation
An innovative drive for pure E-Motion!
As a specialist for innovative electromechanical drives and systems, LSP used its ever-expanding wealth of knowledge in electronics and software development in mechatronic drive concepts to establish a completely new e-bike drive concept.
Through his work as founder and managing director at Compact Power Motors, Dr. Leiber has collected in-depth and specific knowledge in the field of highly compact electric motors. The company was the only electric motor company in the world to receive the Cleantech 100 Award three years in a row. Based on that knowledge of electric motors and a very intelligent patented drive system, the e-bike was basically redesigned from the inside out.
In cooperation with the company eVinci Mobility GmbH, what started out as an idea for a sustainable urban mobility concept possessing all three megatrend fields – fitness, e-drives and freedom from traffic jams in the city – has now developed into a mature and highly innovative product.
The patented drive system is particularly compact and powerful. It combines an extremely compact BLDC motor with sophisticated, automotive standards-compliant control software and a specially selected and arranged manual transmission. The manual transmission is continuously variable and transmits drive power to the rear wheel. This also allows shifting under full load.
The mid-engine drive system contains all of the necessary drive components and enables targeted vehicle concepts with an optimum center of gravity and minimum unsprung mass. This results in clear two-wheel concepts with a high degree of safety even on wet roads as well as superb off-road capabilities.
The drive system is scalable and suitable for use in pedelecs (up to 25 km/h), S-pedelecs (up to 45 km/h), e-bikes (up to 80 km/h) and load/transport pedelecs (up to 25 km/h or 45 km/h).
The E-Vinci bike at a glance:
- Powerful drive with maximum efficiency and dynamic response
- Touch display with intuitive control
- Bluetooth smartphone connectivity for connecting with maps and online/cloud services
- Innovative keyless GO with smartphone
- Remote access for remote diagnostics
- World's first e-bike in its class with continuously variable, fully automatic shifting under full load
- 130 Nm – spectacular acceleration with the feel of a bicycle
- Drive activated only by throttle grip up to 45 km/h (compared with motorcycle)
- Range of over 80 km
- From 0 to 40 km/h in five seconds
- In-house development of the entire electronics schematic and software
- First rivet frame in the bicycle industry, based on aircraft construction
- Low mass on the damper, which means optimal shock absorption and comfortable riding experience